05-05-2021, 11:37 PM   #1950
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
great looking piece!

what's your thoughts on victorinox WRT quality and durability. i've seen a number of their quartz models under $300 that i really like but i already have a few beaters and not sure i want to replace any of them yet without knowing these would hold up.
Hi,
Thanks for your question .Victorinox makes really solid watches that can handle daily rigors of life to me .
For instance : That watch being a PVD coated case has not lost its coating and shows no scratches either . It's not my daily beater but I am not babying it at all when I wear it as well .
I also have a quartz diver Victorinox . It's also a solid timepiece .I have hit it a few times against the top of the glass of jar while trying to reach the almonds . (It's a different story ).
I wouldn't attempt this on a Rolex albeit Rolex is also robust watch but you know it's not a cheap one and I would not like to scratch it for trifle things .
Well, back to Victorinox ,only downside for me is their bracelet quality. The watch case is very durable and you can feel it when you handle it but bracelet is some sort of failing to match the overall quality of the watch .
Last but not least , as far as I know, Victorinox Diver models can handle a free fall from 1 meters or 2 meters .I think they can do it given their case thickness

Last edited by Nivarox; 05-05-2021 at 11:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
happyjack1657.00