View Single Post
      11-16-2023, 04:46 AM   #1
Komzie54
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

2018 X1 - intermittent SOS failure and BC Button

Hi all,

I have a 2018 X1 that was stood for about 2 months needing repair. Whilst stood in my driveway, the battery low warnings were on. Now I have been driving it occasionaly that has all gone away and I am left with just the SOS call failure upon start-up and then 'usually' throughout all journeys.

I have noticed that when the SOS call failure is on, I also cannot scroll the instrument cluster using the BC button on indicator switch, nor can I '0.0' the mileage using the button on instrument cluster.

There are occasions when the SOS call failure doesn't illuminate and the BC button works AND I can zero my mileage. This has been usually after about an hour of driving and then restarting (although it went off itself once on the motorway without restarting the car). However the next day even after motorway driving it is back again. And usually for my town driving it never goes away...

What could it be? Surely if its an additional battery (that I am reading about) then that would be charged by now? Afterall even my heated seats and stop/start work.
I don't know if it could be a fuse? But then it is consistent that it usually goes away during a long drive.

All 3 things are definitely linked.

This being said, I have only driven the car a month yet, and only done 1 motorway journey of 70 miles (1.5 hours). Does it need more time?
Appreciate 0