02-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #15
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d, M3 DCT E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Only if you get the upgraded radio WITH the iDrive will it be Logic7 ....! If you don't get Nav/iDrive than the components are the same, you just don't have the digital processor, nor the wattage.

I am personally in a conundrum over this. Because I do not need/want a NAV system. But I do want the LOGIC7. I might have to either get the iDrive, or just go aftermarket on the Audio system with a cleaner sound. Either way you still get 10 speakers, just not the amp or dsp.
In Australia you can get the Logic 7 (Hi-Fi Professional) without i-drive, and I think it would be available this way in the US. The head unit with logic 7 has a 2 line display and the DSP processor, all the settings you can access on the i-drive screen can be accessed via the 2 line dot matrix display on the upgraded logic 7 head unit. The head unit has a higher output per channel than the cheaper head unit and there is a separate multi channel amp the the rear of the car to drive the subs. The display also acts as a read out for aother car info, Mp3 data, phone names etc. The i-drive screen may show a group of bars lined up for the sound frequency adjustment but as I said it can be all done throught the head unit if you do not opt for i-drive.
Appreciate 0