Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes & No

•Red Bull

My story goes back to Azerbeidzjan-Baku (june 6)
MAX was leading the race with +/- 14 sec. 6 laps to go , and he couldn't lose the race anymore .But his right rear tire blew and he crashed in the wall .
Same for a McLaren car , a tire blew..
And of course suddenly Pirelli was threw under pressure ! Logic !

So the Italian tire manufacturer decided to develop a new tire , a stronger tire with more rubber and Pirelli reinforced the side wall of the tire as well .

Suddenly the W12 was able to run longer stints with the new Pirelli tire , and the RB16-B was in trouble with faster tire wear !
It was clear as water , the new tire was developed for the low rake car , and the high rake car had to figure it out .
And a new 'Mercedes tire was born !

Last weeked at COTA we still witnessed the same situation . The tires on the W12 last longer .
So regarding tires , Mercedes has a huge advantage .
In Turkey , Adrian-Newey was back and the RB16-B got a new floor but Checo was the test mule . By the new floor the RB16-B looks more balanced , but the tire wear issue still isn't fixed like it should be .

•Mercedes

At lot of advantages ! (100% sure)
As I said above , the tires for sure . "The Mercedes Pirelli tires"
Silverstone...Suddenly the W12 was bullet fast !
2 weeks later I heard that Mercedes was messing with their air-temp sensors in the plenum .
The air sensors can fool the inlet air temp. to let the PU think that the air is cooler, by this the PU gets more fuel , and more fuel is more power and torque !
10 weeks later I heard that 2 Mercedes PU's were replaced by micro cracks , but they came back even faster on the track and BOT won easely in Russia .
Micro cracks or not , they got an intercooler upgrade at the same time anyway .
And BOOM we got World-News !
The W12 was suddenly 15-20 km/h faster on the straights !

Hey check this out ! "The W12 runs faster without DRS than the RB16-B with DRS" !

This race weekend at COTA
During FP-1/2/3, suddenly we saw the rear of the W12 dropping on the fast straights !
Meanwhile the thing has a name : "The Mercedes rear squat suspension"
Saw the thing dropping in slow-motion ,honestly I'm impressed ! The rear of the W12 drops at least 3-4 cm !
But I heard also the (a) name : DAS-2.0
OK . DAS . Let's not forget that Mercedes got the whole 2020 season a huge advantage by DAS .

Let's talk about the Mercedes FLEXIBLE front wing , to get that higher top-speed ?
What's next ?
C'mon mate , let's be serious !

•Last word :

#FIAMercedes !
First off wasn't it the aston martin of stroll that crashed not a mclaren?

Next in regards to tire wear, even during the US GP Max never lost pace even in the dirty air behind lewis for nearly 20 laps, and when ahead max was able to hold off Lewis who had way fresher tires. These are the comparisons that matter, because one shows the cars with equal tires and even with equal tires the RB16B can deal with dirty air and still maintain a 1 second delta, and one shows that even with newer tires the w12 cannot pass the RB16B. This in conjunction with the qualifying pace shows that with the new upgrades the RB16B is faster than the Mercedes - over a race. Sure the mercedes is faster in the straights but that is the only area where it seems faster.

All the other points don't matter - I've already discussed them before.