03-01-2021, 12:51 PM   #2598
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
We recently had an employee use the company shared drive to store some of his personal data. Because this particular employee is extremely smart and also really dumb, he decided to change the password for the shared drive. (not exactly sure how he had the credentials to do so.) He either entered the password incorrectly initially or simply forgot the password. I don't feel like I need to go into details how well this went over. Let's just say that all of our KPI data for the last 10 years was temporarily lost. IT was able to retrieve all of the lost data, along with way too much personal info on the employee. Said employee is now blocked from the shared drive completely.

To elaborate, we are a over 200 year old Japanese based company, with facilities in the U.S., Japan and Europe. The entire company uses this shared drive. When it became known that the reason none of us could access the drive, then to find out it was an American employee, then to find out it was an employee at our facility......yeah, things turned dark fast.
Holy shit! Haha. Glad IT recovered all that data. He must've felt like a real tool after that incident. Is this a trading company? Just curious.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00