hybris
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
The auto was not anecdotal. Google GM 4L60...
I was only discussing transmissions in BMWs, not in general. So for autos I'm mainly referring to the ZFs currently being used by BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Not "probably"... "are reliable". 378,000 on the box in my E90. 3 lube changes. The car sees very fast back road driving every day and crap traffic in DC suburbs every day (constant torque shock - what you are alluding to as a design issue with manuals).

So your manual blows up at 24,000 miles and you infer it means manuals are of weak design as a general principle. Yet you failed to mention it was a used car that you don't know the prior ownership use. Of the 10+ cars in my data source, 3 were used and without known history. Talk about anecedotal...
Either you're not reading my posts or my writing may be bad. I said that your one blown auto was equally anecdotal as my one blown manual. So they are both anecdotal. I'm not claiming my one blown manual proves anything.

I also have said nothing about manuals being weak as a general principle.
Appreciate 0