Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I’ve always thought that Amex is limited for traveling z worked with a girl who had that and she said she couldn’t even use it in Canada. I travel all over the world and usually pay with credit cards so not sure if Amex is not as widely accepted as Visa. Did you run into any of those issues?
AMEX platinum holder here for about 6 years: the only places ive found that do not accept it are smaller local places (europe, caribbean, mexico, and canada). never any issues with large national / international businesses / chains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
AMEX Platinum. The benefits of simply having one as a safety net for anything that may occur cannot be stated, especially if one travels overseas frequently. I have only run into a few situations when the Platinum isn't taken and the backing that AMEX gives you as a traveler is unparalleled. Additionally, though they are few and far between, Centurion Lounges are a godsend.
this has always been my justification for keeping the AMEX platinum. while ive never needed to exercise the full extent of its powers, i do have close friends who travel frequently who swear the card has saved their a$$e$ multiple times over the years.

not to mention: it's pretty cool to be carrying around a card that empowers you to walk into a BMW dealership, slap down the card, and just walk out with a brand new M5 competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I've always thought that Amex is limited for traveling z worked with a girl who had that and she said she couldn't even use it in Canada. I travel all over the world and usually pay with credit cards so not sure if Amex is not as widely accepted as Visa. Did you run into any of those issues?
AMEX platinum holder here for about 6 years: the only places ive found that do not accept it are smaller local places (europe, caribbean, mexico, and canada). never any issues with large national / international businesses / chains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
AMEX Platinum. The benefits of simply having one as a safety net for anything that may occur cannot be stated, especially if one travels overseas frequently. I have only run into a few situations when the Platinum isn't taken and the backing that AMEX gives you as a traveler is unparalleled. Additionally, though they are few and far between, Centurion Lounges are a godsend.
this has always been my justification for keeping the AMEX platinum. while ive never needed to exercise the full extent of its powers, i do have close friends who travel frequently who swear the card has saved their a$$e$ multiple times over the years.

not to mention: it's pretty cool to be carrying around a card that empowers you to walk into a BMW dealership, slap down the card, and just walk out with a brand new M5 competition.
Not to burst your bubble but every dealer I've been to will only allow me to charge $3000 Max on any credit card.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0