mrpingu
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichielX1 View Post
I turned the day running lights on and the rears outer lights to led, like advised earlier in this thread.
Also if you did this via BimmerCode this is not correct for F48, their «Comfort mode»-coding for DRL taillights is incomplete. After turning this on for BimmerCode I always would end up with «lamp mapping failed»-error in the BDC fault memory.
When I VO-coded / calculate using 8TL «active front and rear daytime running lights» I found out the error was gone and the lamps (both inner & outer) work as expected.

Personally I coded, 8TN, 8TL to the car so that when car is at the dealer those codings are not erased.
8TN is for the option in iDrive to turn off DRL lights, nothing more.

In your case I would also suggest to VO-code the correct H-wort to the VCM of the car so no dealer can accidently mess up the codings. (E.g. If the car gets in for the EGR recall)

Edit: Unsure now, do you have retrofitted preLCI or LCI taillights?
If you have fitted preLCI taillights, please post all your mapping & PWM values related to taillights. You can use this document as template: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...456x__ZQ0/edit TAB: BDC_BODY lampmapping

Last edited by mrpingu; 01-11-2024 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0