03-14-2020, 02:43 AM   #6
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLegin View Post
Interesting post. Not sure if your car is petrol or diesel. The US and Australian cars are specked with higher output petrol engines producing I think some 245 bhp. Is this case in Denmark? Such an option is not available to us in the UK.
I seem to recall that Denmark also imposes some of the highest purchase tax in Europe on new cars - unlike your neighbours in Sweden who pay no purchase tax on new cars.
Thanks. It’s a 170kw/231hp/228bhp petrol and I think it is the same amount of power all over the world. And yes. Cars are highly taxed in Denmark. Five out of the ten most sold cars from new in Denmark are Polo/Fiesta sized cars and typically priced at about 20-25k € / 22-28k USD. The X1 25d has been discontinued for a long time in Denmark due to the price and shortly after I ordered mine the 25i is discontinued as well so currently mine is actually the most powerful and fastest F48 LCI in Denmark . The listed price for a bare minimum 25i was 78k € / 87k USD. All my options were taxed with 150% and they are topped of with additional 25% of VAT. My options did have a list price of more than 40k € / 44k USD so the list price ended at about 118k € / 131k USD. Luckely I got a decent discount.

Since the taxes in Denmark are based on WLTP-consumption it looks like the new X1 25e will be a success because an xDrive 25e M-sport will be cheaper than an sDrive 18i/18d M-sport. All are listed at about 63k € / 70k USD.