Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
My input is based on years of experience driving all different vehicles with all different tire categories. As for the video... I see that as marketing material to sell tires by convincing people to not just use all season tires year round, and are not specific to UHPAS category tires.
I have been a driver of commercial vehicles fo over 30 years from small transporters to 60 ton heavy equipment transporters. I stopped counting my commercial miles many many years ago. I have driven in every condition you could imagine. I have witness accidents because of incorrect tires used. Your opinion is just that. An opinion. You are welcome to have your opinion but I hope that you never influence someone's buying decision with your opinion. It could cost them a life.
Holy crap we may have finally come to an agreement.

My opinion is... for how I use my car (+95% of the time there is no snow, ice, or extreme cold), a UHPAS is a better choice. Others may hold the opinion that tires designed primarily for snow, ice, and extreme cold is a better choice for them. I might even say this about my girlfriend who doesn't put a premium on performance, and might be better off with a winter tire... but for me... someone seeking the best dry performance, a winter category tire isn't the best option.

My entire intention here is to help people open their eyes to what is the best choice for them. Tire companies are working to get people out from just running their Touring category all season tires all year. My contention is people are getting caught in the marketing hype and many times are not picking the best performing tires for how they use their car the majority of the time.