Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I'm truly amazed anyone with any experience would dispute that winter tires don't perform as well as UHPAS in dry conditions. Winter tires are necessarily squishy in comparison... that a big part why Winter tires perform better in snow and ice. They're really soft, with a relatively deep tread and lots of sipes.

To me it's a matter of how you're biasing your tire setup. Winter tires are for someone that wants no compromises in snowy and/or icy conditions... at the expense of dry condition performance. This should be an accepted reality. My argument is that this bias towards snowy conditions is foolish for most people because of the limited time spent driving in these conditions.
You quoted me before I added the video. Go back and take a look at what Continental thinks. Sadly I think you input is based solely on opinion.
My input is based on decades of experience driving all different vehicles with all different tire categories. As for the video... I see that as marketing material to sell tires by convincing people to not just use all season tires year round, and are not specific to UHPAS category tires.