02-03-2021, 10:51 AM   #1
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Any DJ's in here?

Kind of computer geeky...

For years I had an American Audio VMS4 and Virtual DJ and just played at home, recorded a few mixes, but never did anything beyond that. Sold the controller a few years back and recently have been wanting to pick something new up, but havent yet. I've had my eye on the DDJ-800, but honestly don't need that much for just messing around at home, so I've been looking at the DDJ-400 instead but haven't pulled the trigger yet. (probably because I've been hoping to see the DDJ-800 go on sale lol)

I'm about to head overseas for a gov't funded vacation and decided to pick up a MS Surface Pro 7 instead of lugging my laptop with me. Then I stumbled upon the Hercules Starlight mini controller and had to snatch it up and give it a try. Just look at this little guy! Small enough to fit in my assault pack and runs entirely off USB. Uses 3.5 audio out for main and has a headphone jack for cueing. Should keep me entertained on the flights and such. So far the Surface has kept up, we will see how it goes after some play time.

Anyone use Serato? Thoughts?

Also, not overly impressed with the MS Snap mouse. Cool concept, just kind of annoying to use.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0