View Single Post
      01-07-2021, 11:00 AM   #200
mousefarmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 2006 330i

It is embarrassing seeing the issues with Teslas like bumpers falling off, sunroofs bursting, huge panel gaps, doors that don't close because they are misaligned and more recently bursting side windows.

Now I've read that they are using double pane glass on the side windows for the Model 3 that would ordinarily make it much quieter but reports from users say its actually making it noisier plus there are reports of them bursting apart recently, not sure if its related to the double pane glass.

When they were trying to use robots for everything before this was something I would expect would take time to figure out so give them a break but now that they have sort of given up on robots for everything its inexcusable.

Also, how are they gonna mass produce and ramp up production when the quality is something like a made in Mexico Fiat factory? Ramping up production and high defect & return rate doesn't seem like its gonna work well. Low defect rate and high production would be preferable.

Its been at least a year since the transition from robots as was reported with still major issues. It doesn't seem like they are taking quality and defects seriously so I don't think I would consider a new Tesla until they get this taken care of.
Appreciate 0