01-05-2021, 02:05 AM   #192
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
How often are you sliding corners on your way to work? Riding 9 or 10/10 on the track?

Have you ever summoned your M2 to pick you up at the front door? Can you take the hands off the wheel and pedals in heavy traffic? Can you walk up to it with no key (just your cellphone) and drive away?

Yeah, I thought not.
To answer your questions:

How often are you sliding corners on your way to work?

3 times per week minimum. More so when it's wet or slippery. I have 2 opportunities a day. First is a exit of a roundabout which connects to a increasing radius uphill right hander. Clear view of both sides of the road and what is coming at you. If I nail the exit of the roundabout right, I can keep the drift going well up the hill. Super rewarding feeling.

The second is leaving work. There is a private road I take, which had a perfect 90 degree slightly downhill left curve. On the way to work is far too busy, but on the way from work it's mainly people leaving, and traffic is scarce.

Riding 9 or 10/10 on the track?

4-5 times per year. Will be more when I get back stateside for sure. Been in the advanced groups for a few years now. Never had a desire to teach millennials how to drive, so never made an effort to be an instructor.

Have you ever summoned your M2 to pick you up at the front door? Can you take the hands off the wheel and pedals in heavy traffic? Can you walk up to it with no key (just your cellphone) and drive away?

No, never. None of the things you listed cause driver enjoyment, or lead to driver engagement. So no, never even gave any of this any thought or consideration.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0