Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
There are two threads here:

"When will you buy an EV?"
"Would you ever buy a Tesla?"
I'm going to just say this. And this is my last word on this thread. I promise.

I've owned multiple EVs. In fact, my first was a Fiat 500e. Then a BMW i3. Then a Chevy Bolt. Believe you me, I didn't believe in the Tesla hype.

Then I bought a Tesla.

If you never own one, or have gone through the process to buy one, you won't understand. It's not like I haven't bought "viable" EVs before. The i3 was about as unique an experience as one can have with an EV. It was an engineering marvel. The Bolt can travel up to 240 miles without a charge, so in terms of range, it's certainly comparable.

But to say that this discussion is 2 questions? Bull. I will tell you this, now. If you're even remotely considering an EV, there's no point NOT giving Tesla the first look. And at that point, you're not convinced you like the Tesla, then an EV is likely not for you. And again, at this point, if you STILL insist on buying an EV, then the ONLY thing on the market that you should even consider is a Porsche Taycan.

After owning the Fiat 500e, BMW i3, and the Chevy Bolt for extended time, Tesla is at least 5 years ahead of everyone else. And if you factor in the ownership experience, at least 15 years ahead of everyone else.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0