View Single Post
      06-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #68
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
I am shocked by how many people on here this car seems to appeal to.

It's tacky, overstyled, seems to lag in real world power/acceleration.

Just buy a GTI, lol. Then a put a tune on it, and destroy this thing.
The GTIs are sweet as well. I think the appeal is the fact Honda hasn't done the Civic Type R in the US so it's flashy and hip, the GTI is old news braaaaah.

I really wanna see a head-to-head with the GTI vs the Type R. The GTI beats the Si and the Golf R beats the Type R so I feel like that'd be an interesting comparison. Plus, a comparably equipmented GTI is already about as much as the Type R, so it only makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDadMobile View Post
Yea, this design is very in your face. But I could care less as well.

I currently have a 17 STi that I daily, and it's just as good in snow as my old 14 GTI with Blizzaks.

I have a deposit down for MSRP with my local dealer on their 2nd Type R that rolls in, and as someone who always wanted the Integra Type R during my teenage years (but could not afford it), I can not honestly wait to drive the shit out of this thing every day.
I'd maybe be doing the same thing right now, but I'm overseas all summer so hopefully in October the market's changed and I can find a sweet pre-owned one for cheap, or at least new for at or under MSRP. I refuse to play this bidding or market adjusted cost bullshit.
Appreciate 0