04-17-2022, 06:03 PM   #22
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
A good lease deal is anything less than 1% of the MSRP of the car per month with $0 paid of pocket. Check out the Leasehackr forum, lots of great info.
Not to derail this thread, but this isn't necessarily true. There's actually quite a bit of debate over on the Leasehackr forums, with many of the more seasoned members highlighting how the "1% rule" is not a good measure of a deal.

For example - what you pay on your lease is dependent upon multiple factors - including vehicle price less incentives, residual value, money factor, etc. Some people qualify for incentives such as loyalty while others don't. If someone doesn't qualify for loyalty and that pushes them outside the 1% threshold despite getting equivalent dealer discounts and base money factor compared to others who are below the 1% threshold... does that mean that individual got a bad deal?

In reality what's considered a "good" deal is much more nuanced, and needs to be compared to how much others are paying for the same car (and preferably in the same region). There are some cars where if your payment is 1.5% of MSRP it would be considered a good deal... at the same time there may be some cars where paying 1% of MSRP is considered a mediocre deal because everyone else is paying 0.75% of MSRP.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0