View Single Post
      04-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #25
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcs2229 View Post
There are only 4 pairs of wires because the front door speakers are connected to the respective woofers, like in 2-way speakers, with or without simple crossovers (capacitors).

I do not disagree that a wiring harness may work, as long as all the correct connections including the amplifier signal wire. The 12V power cabling should to be checked to see if it is already in place in the rear compartment, or needs to be installed.

I do not disagree that the head units may be the same for Base audio and HiFi audio, only that this should to be checked.

I am not sure bimmer-tech and bavsound would support their amplifiers with the HK speakers he has already bought, instead of their own matched speakers. Custom equalization may be necessary for really good sound.

I hope that Wermuth now has more information and points to consider before spending a lot of money, time and frustration. Unfortunately, I have gone through a lot of DIY experiences in previous cars during my younger days, which is why I now leave my X1 as stock.
Found this on a UK Site;

The speakers under the seats are driven from the radio, no amplification, no crossovers; there is just a capacitor on the back of the mid range in the doors to get rid of the low frequencies.
Appreciate 0