View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #1601
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Why I didn't take a picture is beyond me, but had my birthday dinner on Saturday and we did beef wellington for the first time.

It was beyond excellent, one of the best meals I've had.

I bought a whole beef tenderloin and had to denude it and separate it, but the resulting loin was pretty clean with no silverskin remaining.

We (my wife, since I don't cook if its my birthday), seared the tenderloin to create a little crust and then let it rest while she made the duxelle.

For the duxelle, we used cremini mushrooms, garlic, shallots, and fresh thyme and diced all finely and fried all of it in butter until it was basically dry in a heavy cast iron pan. Its amazing the amount of reduction you get.

Once dry, we laid overlapping pieces of prosciutto on saran wrap, spread the duxelle over the prosciutto, and then laid the seared beef tenderloin on top and wrapped it tightly and chilled in the fridge. Once chilled, spread out the puff pastry and wrapped it in the pastry tightly and then chilled it again. Then an egg yolk wash on the pastry and some design work and into the oven.

Turned out phenomenal. Also had these super cheesy mashed potatoes with shallots and other stuff in there and a killer caesar salad to go with it.
Appreciate 2
Dpc2u11503.00
stein_325i25083.00