10-21-2019, 05:51 PM   #37
ventjock
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoOozZz View Post
I haven't had any problems, knock on wood. A CEL early on for a lean condition but that went away in time as I believe the DME had to adjust for more air coming in.
just to follow up on this thread, I've made several mods to my F48.

Started with the BMS intake, then added a catted DP, then the JB4, upgraded the CP, a Wagner IC, and then finally a flash tune.

I initially got CELs (P2196) after I got the DP so I fixed that with a mini cat spacer.

After the tune I was getting a P0171 (lean) CEL caused by a long term fuel trim running around 25-30%. Talked to the tuner, they never see this. So I flashed back to stock. CEL is still there. Do a smoke test, no leak (I was suspecting a vacuum leak).

So I take it to the dealer, they keep it for a week (and now I'm getting nervous b/c they can probably see that I've flashed the ECU a few times)... and they tell me that the car is running lean and at times rich b/c of the after market air intake. This made no sense to me. The intake never caused a CEL in the past. So I clean the filter and put it back on, fuel trim is still lean around 25%. So I say what the heck and put the stock intake on this morning. CEL is gone and the LTFT is down to 3% after driving it around most of the afternoon. **I use OBD AutoDoctor to read data**

Guess I'm going back to stock for now. And time to flash the tune back in.

Last edited by ventjock; 10-21-2019 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0