View Single Post
      03-28-2005, 11:52 AM   #8
juansego
Rep
Drives: 07 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by A61
The German model 325i is 2.5 as verified on their brochure vs. 3.0 for the US spec model. The test drive was great but I did not have a chance to take it to the twisties since I only had the car for less than an hour plus it was right after work when everyone is on the road. From my observation, the E90 is a much more civilized ride than the E46 but still handles great. I spent a few minutes trying to navigate the idrive and I don't think its complicated at all. Just need to familiarize yourself and set your climate/audio settings then forget about it and control the audio from the steering wheel. The park distance control (PDC) on the German spec model have both front and rear sensors (US gets rear only) and it's neat how the idrive shows a graphical representation of both sensors. Much better than just listening for the beep. You actually see if the object is on the rear right corner and also see the front right. Very helpful in parallel parking here in Europe.

I was not a big fan of the new body style but after driving the 325i.. I'm starting to like it. I love how the straight six just sings.
Lucky you! here in Spain (6th world market for BMW) there're no cars available to test drive, I've visited three different dealers and they tell me that ther're "thinking about it" , what a shame

Have you driven the 320i? I'm in two minds about those two, 5,000 € less expensive, that' s a lot of money. I know, it's a 4 cylinder...
Appreciate 0