Sphinx144
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC410 View Post
We bought a BMW X1 last year and will hopefully put it to use this spring and summer on some camping trips. In the past, we sometimes have slept in the back of our suv, particularly if we arrive after dark.

According to some posts I've read here and elsewhere, the BMW keyless system won't lock the vehicle while the key is inside the car. Helpful for those of us who can be forgetful (myself included) but I can't find a way to disable it, either with a fob sequence or the vehicle settings. Does anyone know if it's possible or have a workaround?

Some camping forums mention using a faraday bag although those were to address a Subaru car battery drain issue (fob and car keep pinging overnight and drain the car battery). One question I have is whether, if the fob is in the faraday bag inside the car, can we use the door lock buttons to lock ourselves in?

Thanks!
If you have Carly or BimmerCode, you can turn off comfort access, or code it to not work I should say.

So you should be able to have they keys in the car lock the car and it not unlock when someone puts the hands on the handle.
You could also just find the fuse for the keyless entry and remove it.
I used to do that in the e63 at car meets for when I was a few cars away hanging out and didn't want random people to open the doors. Everything else worked just fine.
Appreciate 0