View Single Post
      02-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
SteveGu
Rep
Drives: 2016 x1

Not to be argumentative (seriously, I know my level of ignorance, that is why I asked the questions)

I think some of this has to do with market-specific specifications/equipment.

For example, in the USA, all 2016 f48 are X-drive and iline as standard, and according to the sticker all have m-sport suspension and DDC. My car's sticker specifically states these things, including "Driving Dynamics Control with ECO PRO, COMFORT, and SPORT settings". There is no separate suspension control for this in the i-drive system (although there are some ECO PRO settings). To me this totally squares with both my driving experience and the BMW rep's description.

For 2017 in the USA, there are now X-drive and simple FWD, and the m-sport suspension is now part of the m-sport package. Also, I have seen USA 2017 cars at my dealer without the rocker switch.

Another example possibly causing confusion is that apparently in the UK, the item listed in the USA as Dynamic Damper Control (DDC) is referred to as Electronic Damper Control (EDC). It is clear from the descriptions that these are the same thing, and in the UK the "m-sport suspension" and the "EDC/DDC" are available as separate options. In the USA for 2016, they were both standard (while the balance of the m-sport package was optional); for 2017 USA the m-sport suspension is now part of the package and DDC is apparently either totally optional or possibly bundled with m-sport as well.

So, I think the situation is complicated by the manner in which BMW equips vehicles for each market, and again, so far my driving experience squares with what I have been told, FWIW.

Thanks!

Last edited by SteveGu; 02-15-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 0