View Single Post
      02-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #1
SteveGu
Rep
Drives: 2016 x1

Standard vs. M-Sport suspension

Good day!

I am a recent lessee of a 2016 x1 ("xLine", I think this is standard in the USA), most previously I drove a 2011 335d. I have been following a thread on another forum, but have not received any reponses, so I thought I would post my question here. I have found that I much prefer driving my new car with the "driving mode" switch set to "sport"; not only are the transmission and throttle more responsive, but the feel of the car in cornering especially is much like I am used to from past BMWs. I checked the sticker from my x1 and it indicates manufacture in Brazil, and also lists "m-sport suspension" along the left side as "included".

I apologize if this information is easily found, as I have not been able to, but this raises a few questions, perhaps some here have the knowledge to answer:

I am sure there are parts differences between the standard and m-sport suspension, is there a reference I can view these?

What behavior differences might I be noticing if I had driven both types?

Does anyone know how this distinction intereacts with the eco/comfort/sport modes (DDC?)? What about placing the gearshift lever in "sport"?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Appreciate 0