11-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #18
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Me too. Did anyone hear the alarm?
As it turns out, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, it doesn't make a sound. Because it did not trigger the alarm (somehow...quite uncertain how not, but I did a remote start on it that morning and it would have been immobilized had the alarm went off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Sorry to hear....unless you ultimately are happy to be getting a different ride.

A guy at my gym has a Chrysler 300 SRT8 that he's put a lot of work into. I never liked the cars until I seen his.

I like Audi's as well....just the chances of problems kept me away such as timing chain issues, and the fact that it seemed like most of the repairs I read of them across the board required removing the engine.

I do all my own wrenching as it's kind of therapy for me. But if it's a repair that is going to require me to expend a lot of money even with me doing the labor, I tend to shy away.

But that was years ago when looking at them. Maybe things are different now.
I am actually sort of happy to be stepping into an S6 (hopefully), I've had this car for five years and while I was happy to drive it for another two, I've had a little bit of an itch lately for a different car.
Appreciate 0