Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherhef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itogliano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherhef View Post
I'll look him up. Thank you!
Please be sure to share what you find out. I'm not needed brakes anytime soon but it will be nice to know what's available, other than the StopTech Sports, which is what I have now
Will do. I'm leaning towards carbotech xp10.
Previously I ran the Hawk Street/track pads. They are actually the DTC30 pads but with chamfered edges and a backing plate. They weren't enough pad for me with 200tw tires.
XP10 has turned out to be a great pad for me. I ran them front and rear 2 weeks ago. Very good stopping power, good initial bite, but never grabby. Still had excellent modulation, which made trail breaking very easy. I was breaking as well as any gt3 Porsche that day. Not sure about pad life yet, but so far not too bad. I should get at least 4 track days out of them.
I have the grey Brembo front caliper and the stock, m sport sliding rear calipers. But I upgraded the front to a 6 piston, 380mm Paragon track kit for the last event. The braking balance was still a little too much to the front, even with the xp10 front and rear. But that's because the rear now needs a bigger rotor to restore braking bias.
I definitely recommend the Carbotech XP10 to anyone. Love their feel. Even decent in the street when cold. Not too much noise. But a fair amount of dust. Definitely will be getting them again.
Just one more recommendation. Do at least RBF 660 fluid or better. With the stock grey Brembo calipers and 255 re71 tires, I easily boiled the RBF 600 flyid. The 660 held up, but needed a little bleeding pretty much every event. I've since moved on to Endless RF650. This fluid makes the pedal more firm, doesn't need bleeding after an event since it can handle high heat. Cost is a little high. But with less bleeding it should work out to be close to equal or maybe a little less per season.
Appreciate 1