View Single Post
      01-11-2022, 08:41 AM   #8
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Interesting study. What do you all think? I've been thinking about this for a while and this is definitely the sentiment for the vast majority of people around me:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...-electric-car/
Some related questions I have are:

Won't the natural laws of supply/demand eventually balance out the electric vs gas savings as electric cars numbers increase?

What happens as electric cars numbers increase and they are more frequently involved in serious accidents that result in vehicle fire? Will reports of freeways being shut down for most of the day & the environmental impact of such events tarnish/sour people's opinion enough to affect sales?

And the biggest most important question: When Tesla's are eventually hacked and turned into self-driving murder machines, set with an algorithm to rapidly accelerate towards anything that resembles a human in their obstacle avoidance cameras, will the blood soaked streets affect people's desire to go electric....let's see you outrun a 1000hp plaid ?????...... Seriously though, electric cars are in that "happy" period of any relationship before reality sets in. Will any of the drawbacks of electrical car adaptation have any significant effect on sales?
Appreciate 0