View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 06:00 AM   #7
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
It's inevitable. I go out of my way in search of the perfect spot. Usually an end spot with zebra stripes where I can straddle the stripes a bit and leave extra room for the jerk who parks next to me. Or the end spot next to a curb where I can get as close as possible also leaving more room for the jerk that feels compelled to park right next to me. I always park far away - I call it over the river and through the woods. I NEVER take two spots as that is an invitation for someone to screw with you.

All the above being said, it never fails. I will come out and someone will be right next to me and over the line. How hard is it to park between the lines?

The first ding is the most painful. After that, it sucks but you get used to it. I almost made 3 years without a ding on my 2013. Literally two days before lease return someone got me good. I went 8 months ding free on current ride, someone just got me a few weeks ago.

I went in for service on my 2005. The attendant checking me in was walking around it looking for damage to mark on his check list. I told him it was clean, go ahead and try to find something. He doubted me and walked around it 3 times and was amazed I was correct. The next day, I was parked on the street to pick up take out food and I hear a crash and an alarm sounding. I go out to find an overturned SUV and the entire driver's side of my car destroyed. I'll take the ding.