07-19-2023, 10:07 AM   #109
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB STIG View Post
I own a mint 2005 BMW M3 Competition Package in Interlagos Blue and all I can tell you is that there are very few cars out there that will give you the kind of joy this little car will give you. Will my car be worth 100K? I don't know, but all I can tell you is that any car that makes such an impression will be greatly cherished and desired. I think these cars are legends and will only get more expensive with time.
In my opinion, purchase an M3 car to enjoy it and drive it. Don't worry about what is going to be worth in the future. For example, mine is an SMG and I absolutely love it. I could swap the transmission to a manual to increase its value, but I won't do it because the SMG transmission gives you the absolute best driving experience I ever had driving a car.
Is it the best of both worlds! Aggressive in the race track it and smooth and relaxing when driving on the freeway.
There is a reason why the CSL, the ultimate M3, came only with the SMG transmission. because it is the best! I think people have it wrong in swapping their transmissions. I think SMGs will become highly desirable before you know it. The more you drive an SMG car the more you love it.
I highly recommend you purchase one of these amazing cars. You will have so much fun!
Look at Ferrari's, Austin Martin's, Porsche's that came with both an automatic and manual and the vast majority have a higher value with the manual. Especially if talking about the 2000's when the automatics weren't what they are today.

"Before you know it?" Car is roughly 20 years old, not seeing when this will happen.

For the general post topic we are in -

As a Z4M owner for 11 years, I have been hearing the "future high price" since I bought it. Paid $31.5k in 2012, likely now gained $6k-10k in value (hasn't even kept up with inflation). Nobody would call this a good investment. Only reason to own almost any out of the ordinary car is because you like it, makes no financial sense.

Last edited by David70; 07-19-2023 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
3798j11413.50