Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcs2229 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
A big thank you for sharing all this. For those less savvy/knowledgeable on ISTA would you confirm that the link on f10 forum give everything needed to set up virtual machine and install later versions of ISTA. Or would it be better to purchase package off eBay and then update. It might be really helpful if you are able to provide a quick step by step summary of what you think is best approach to getting ISTA (hopefully with later 2020 database).
Thank you again for sharing this.
The main issue I faced was trying to download many GBs from MEGA.NZ for free. The site has daily limits on free downloads without an account, so my download would pause and run slow the next day. After a few days without success, I paid $7.64 CAD for 1 month that allowed me to download reasonably quickly.

If you follow the Setup steps precisely, you have a good chance of success. Being a computer geek, I deviated somewhat to my own liking and also made some tweeks for my laptop with 4K screen. Version 4.27.31 goes all the way to January 2021, including X1, X2, X3 and other BMW/Mini cars.

The eBay version I bought previously for $9.99 USD was only up to 2017. I thought about upgrading it, but that would be almost the same effort as installing the new version and the virtual machine is still at Windows 7 (vs Windows 10 in f10.5post.com version).

It may be feasible for me to upload my preinstalled and preconfigured virtual machine for others in this forum. The zipped size would be 35 GB.
Thanks! I've successfully installed ISTA 4.27.31 (upgraded from the VM) and E-Sys. I haven't coded with E-Sys yet, but tested ISTA with enet cable and it connected and allowed me to run a scan.

Pretty awesome piece of software! Just browsing around, gives you anything & everything you'll ever need for repairs!

I ended up buying the monthly account (non-recurring) for Mega ($6usd) as trying to use the free account to download the files wasn't happening.
Appreciate 0