View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 12:21 PM   #10
tallguy09
Rep
Drives: X1 (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_1979 View Post
Cool! You can unplug your existing mirror without tearing the car apart. If you see more than 2 wires you should be good to go. Can't tell from the pics but I recommend buying a mirror that comes with a plug, and at least a few inches of wire. Just in case, for some reason, the plug is different from your existing mirror. This is more of a problem if you're using a mirror from a different make/model, but still a good precaution. Especially when there's mountains of these out there to choose from.

I've actually gone nuts with these things and put them in all our vehicles. On one I even used a standalone homelink module from a Land Rover console and mounted that under the dash.

Every car should have one!
I have no clue, I hope it will fit but the connector looks the same...not sure they would change that electrical connector...I looked at a few pictures and hoping I will be fine :-) Maybe have to add the 2 leads to the male connector and wire to power/ground...
As far as removing the existing mirror I think I have to pry open the cover and then turn the mirror to unmount?
Agree, these cars even if build in Germany/Netherlands should come standard with homelink mirrors....
Appreciate 0