View Single Post
      06-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
rusty_sojah
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 440

eibach lowering springs on stock car

so i bought the eibach lowering springs (30mm down) with the intention of having 19's on the car. well i can't seem to find a good time to break the ice with the missus and order the 19's (is there ever a good time¿). so now i really want to install the springs with the stock 17's (in japan the 04 3.0si came with 17's as the biggest standard wheel size apparently) that are on the car now. problem is that the car is really low as it is, measured the lowest functional part of the car just now at 9cm which was the exhaust piping in the middle of the car towards my drivers side, stateside passenger side.

if i lower the car 3cm that means it is only 6mm from the ground. just wondering if anyone has done this and would you say you scrape all the time or just some of the time

my other car is a 4dr vip car that is pretty damn low too, just measured my daily ride height at 8cm off the ground with a similar bit of exhaust piping being the lowest part. only thing is that i have air cups on the sedan so if i need to go over stuff i just air up and go over it

but i'm used to really long wheel base cars that are low and this short wheel base 04 z4 seems to actually go over obstacles better cuz of the shorter wheel base. guess i could have the springs installed and see how my normal route is.

reason for all this madness is that i hate wheel gap and love the z4's overall ground height stock, but hate the wheel gap presently. if i lower it 3cm the wheel gap will be much better but then the car itself may be a little bit too low for comfort, to me this means the cars aspect ratio's are a little off, by my standards at least.

guess pulling the trigger on some 19's and putting 225/245 35 19's would help this out since they would raise the car up about 6mm & 20mm respectively.

any thoughts¿
Appreciate 0