11-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #9
i M HOONIGAN
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Definitely looking forward to more pics as your bike evolves. I can tell the pic of your garage and the fact that you already found your way under the hood that you will make your 848 truly unique!

The Panigale is absolutely a beast. No complaints in the power department. She is just a bit jumpy at low RPMs compared to the S1K, which was smooth on the power delivery no matter where in the power band it was. I use my bike for commuting to and from work, so that's the only time I notice this small problem on an otherwise AWESOME Ducati. let me know what you think about the power delivery on your 848. I had my eye on a couple of EVOs, but the deal I got on the bike I chose was too good to pass up.

Thanks for the kudos on my toys. I really appreciate it. I normally don't treat myself too great when it comes to luxury, but sometimes you gotta go all in, LOL.

You have nice taste in toys as well. Can't go wrong with fine European machinery waiting for you to open the garage door every day. Stay safe and enjoy getting to know your new Italian girlfriend!
Thanks, my man... Modding is my curse. It seems i can't ever leave something alone - despite how great it already is. Hell, I put RED LEDs on my Toro riding mower, as well as a tow hook on the back (so i can drag my wife around in a sled once it starts snowing hahaha). The Duc is definitely under the knife , and I'll be sure to post pics (and sound clips) once I get her the way I want her .

The Panig is definitely a beast... Aren't the panig performance stats for acceleration faster than an F1 car? Ridiculous... I equate the Panig to a Victoria's Secret model.

As for the bit jumpy on low RPM's, I definitely agree with that one. Granted, i only put about 5 miles on her once I took delivery, but I definitely noticed that the motor doesn't want to be in the low RPM range. Definitely jerky down low, but after 2-3K, that motor just wants to lift the front up without any effort. My last bike was a R6s (2007), and that was smooth throughout the entire rev band. However, the difference between a Twin and the inline-4 is night/day. While the R6s was smooth, I found myself constantly revving the piss out of that motor to get any power. As for the twin, well, instant torque, deep throaty motor, and 10-11k redline vs the R6 at 18-19K redline. The Duc feels like it runs on diesel b/c of the instant torque difference.

The one thing I noticed about the Duc is that those motors HATE cold weather. The R6 started in 10-degree weather and was comfortable idling. However, the Duc does not want to idle in temps under 40 degrees... As soon as the motor kicks over, I need to keep on the throttle a little bit (say, 2-2.5K for a minute or two) to get the motor warm. Once the temp registers on the dash, then the motor idles comfortably. These things act just like supermodels.

If you go from your Panig to a 848EVO, isn't that kind of like going from an M3 to a 335? But, Will definitely update on the power delivery once I clock some more miles on her. The Panig scares the crap out of me - from what I've seen, those things are legitimate race bikes...

You definitely went all in with your toys my man. I dream about the 6-GC every day, and imho, that's the sexiest bimmer ever released (other than the iconic z8). Enjoy your toys in great health, and safe riding!
E70 X5M (current)
Appreciate 0