View Single Post
      09-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #65
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

I agree with almost everything Nikka said, and have a couple of more things to add.

The precision/aggression ranking setup is a nice concept - but in the end it's still lacking. If you are leading someone and brake for a corner, you get aggression points for 'blocking' (and are likely to get more aggression points for trading paint when the shit AI rams you or flys past you on the inside and runs you off the road). By the same token, drafting/slipstreaming is always considered as aggressive driving. Clean drafting should be precision points - save the aggression points for bump drafting.

Maybe they should have done a four way ranking - clean/dirty tactics, and precision/aggression style.

My ratio so far is something like 8 to 1 for precision over aggression - but it would be an even bigger ratio if I didn't get slapped with aggression points due to the AI's tactics.