MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg101 View Post
Finally.. got the X1 yesterday... been driving it and loving it

Just one thing I noticed.. the back row seat are quite upright... i was looking for a way to recline it.. but it seems there isn't any.. i see a two finger gap between the seat and the trunk cover... thought it should recline a bit more...

Lots of reading and exploring to do..
If your car has rear/back seat adjustment then the lever is underneath the front of the seats. Pull lever up and the seat will slide backwards and forwards by about 6 inches. This adjustment alters the seat base and the seat back is altered by pulling the loops positioned at bottom of backrest both adjustments makes seat less steep. The loop is same one used to put seat back upright when it is folded down, I suggest you have folded seat and not pushed it back fully.

If your rear seat does not have adjustment (it is an option and not fitted on all cars although was std on x-line for most markets) then seat base cannot be moved but loop will sort seat back. Pull loop and push seat back hard, it has a couple of locking positions.

May I recommend you download from internet the BMW drivers guide app, it is available from Apple App Store and google play store. You register your car VIN and it gives a detailed manual for your exact car. The guide shows rear seat adjustment handle and the seat back adjustment loops/handles. I cannot cut and paste picture as it is copy-right protected.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-30-2021 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0