View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Since nobody has answered this yet here are my thoughts, which obviously everyone has their opinion.

1) mudflaps.. they didn't even give me the option at the time, and I still don't have them. Do the fenders get dirty? Definitely... I have on and off thought about looking at the online ones through amazon/ebay and never have bought them. You can certainly use generic ones if you're up to the task of making them fit... I just got lazy and haven't done anything.

2) the All weather winter rubber mats are actually pretty good. I got them to throw it in with my purchase, but I think it's $100 or $150 option? They hold up a long time so I think they are a good investment, and they fit.

3) No car eye available for me so no input. There was active cruise control vs a heated steering wheel.. I'm in a cold climate so I got that. I have read plenty of people complain the ACC doesn't work great anyways.

4) wireless charger.. no way is it work $600 USD in my opinion.. get your own. Plus, my phone doesn't do wireless charging unless I take it out of the case, so for me it's a no in both ways. Plenty of people have bought generic ones off amazon and put it in the holder, it works fine.

5) Asthetically up to you. I have 18's and 19's (for summer).. as well as 17's for winter tires. The key is that the runflat tires completely suck and are very hard/rough. I notice no difference in 18 or 19" because they both have runflats on them. I will swap them to regular tires as soon as I wear them down. If your upgrade price to 18" wheels isn't all that different then they are fine. Although I have no idea how bad the roads are for you. With this being said.. if there is an option at all for the $300 (at the time) spare tire and kit.. I would certainly get this installed factory! It is much harder to source all the pieces and spare tire and put it in for that price.
Appreciate 1
pg1012.00