Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman View Post
Wow, hey Awesome M3, that is a great project! Is that an epoxy floor paint that you used? And what is that interesting looking pad you have in the far bay? Also, those tire pads, where are they from?

In New Jersey I know you get lots of snow, does that flooring clean up well?

And your cabinetry, is that from a kitchen, and you just bought a new countertop?
Stew, I used Rust-Oleum Epoxy Shield (purchased from Home Depot). It was very easy to apply, as long as the concrete floor is cleaned the proper way (the cleaning was the most time consuming part). The pad is called Car Pad, and it is great for containing run-off rain water from cars as well as melting snow. The water can easily be sucked up by a wet vac. The tire pads I used were sheets of polycarbonite plastic, but I no longer use them. I was worried that the heat from the tires would peel the paint, but the epoxy paint is so durable, it's not an issue. The floor cleans up easily from dirt, oil, etc. I bought the cabinets and countertop from Home Depot (kitchen department), and those were the most expensive part of the project.

Goodluck with your project, and be sure to post pics when you're done!