View Single Post
      12-05-2022, 10:26 AM   #22
Fandyman83
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh29 View Post
They should sort out the pulling under braking before you get the car, put it in writing now so they can not deny knowing.

Easy to check if its uneven, park on level
surface then measure from centre of wheel to wheel arch on both sides.

My first idea would be tyre pressure as its pulling in the direction that has a lean.

I tend to get the cars checked for alignment each spring,on a Hunter rig www.alignmycar.co.uk.it does all four wheels , its surprising how they get knocked driving from pot hole to pot hole.Saves uneven tyre wear.

If any trouble does develope you have a good BMW warranty, but if concerned ask to see the check that car has not been involved in serious accident. They should have that check already done.

Don't anticipate the dealer will get it all correct before you get the car. The Audi A1 for our grand daughter was delivered in absolutly perfect condition , inside and outside,the engine bay was spotless,levels all correct and 3/4 tank of petrol. BUT they let themselves down ,tyre pressures were all 1.6bar should be 2.3/2.2 bar
Hi Abh29,

Thanks again for valuable input.

I did indeed emailed them about the pulling to the left on braking few days back.

I will, however, measure from centre of wheel to wheel arch on both sides as suggested when parked on level surface on the pick up day before any final payment.

I've now also asked about the damage checks and just received an HPI check results which show among other things the car has been cleared on Insurance Write Off (Damage) so that is a relief. Other checks came back positive as well so glad I asked.

Thanks for the alignment suggestions with the www.alignmycar.co.uk.it. I will be checking that for sure.
Appreciate 0