hitmankvt
Enlisted Member
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (2020) F48 X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandyman83 View Post

Hi hitmankvt,

Thanks for your points - it is very helpful!

I have actually managed to test drive the X1 today and was pleasantly surprised hence paid 1k towards the entire cost.

The replies to your questions below:

1. Yes.
2. Not sure and I will enquire about that for sure - Thanks!
3. Yes I am mindful and suspect it a tradeoff if I want to keep the future resale value higher? Let me know your thoughts? Any good indy garages that are BMW compliant and competitively priced?
4. Thanks again and I will definitely be investigating that tomorrow!

As for the dealer I was a bit surprised I could not see the Logbook (V5) on the spot and was told they will apply for new one. They also said everything is kept electronically now and all is in order in that respect.

Still I would like to view that too before I make the balancing payment next week.

I guess the likelihood of a car from BMW official dealership having any sort of issue with such a basic thing like missing logbook (hiding number of previous/current owners, indicating car stolen, written off or logbook loan) is very slim right? Asking as HPI check given by dealer does not show anything was checked on V5 Check.

Last but not least should I be getting the original paper version of service book with receipts or is everything now accessible and thus acceptable online?

Let me know your thoughts.

The dealer is correct regarding the service booklet feedback, i.e BMW stores everything now electronically in the car's dashboard unit.

Your observation regarding the car pulling to one side seems to be a wheel alignment issue - and BMW should fix that before delivery of the car (wheel alignment will cost out of pocket if done otherwise).
Appreciate 0