View Single Post
      12-04-2022, 07:59 AM   #17
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

Gap Insurance
Firstly I would suggest you see what your insurer covers (mine is replace with similar for 2 years), secondly if you do run with Gap cover,look outside any car dealer. One being popular at present is www.gapinsurance.co.uk. Dealer make big profits on Gap Insurance

Ceramic Paint Protection,
if you go ahead with that , try a good detailing company. Dealer tend to bring them in and add a large profit on their charge.Someone over on www.BMWLand.org.uk will be able to recommend a suitable company in your area.

Headlights
I have LED headlights and have no experience of the Halogen. On my previous X1. 2014 (e84) I had Zenons that dipped for oncoming traffic , absolutly great. I would imagine the cost of obtaining LED lights from a main dealer will be very expensive , if you do proceed try sourcing used lights from someone like Quarry motors in Sheffield. (they may even fit them for you.) I have switch 2 and keep it on the left side lights side
dipped light come on when required. Cornering lights I find useless on the LED but were great on Zenons

Maps
It worth checking if you have the latest map update ,if not try and get the dealer to do it FoC, don't pay the dealer but get a subsciption on ConnectDrive its got various sections,on annual subsciption.

You may gather I try to cut out the dealers when I can.

Last edited by Abh29; 12-04-2022 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: adding info
Appreciate 0