View Single Post
      12-04-2022, 05:43 AM   #15
Fandyman83
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgx5 View Post
OP,

I had purchased a 2014 in 17 with low miles and bmw care+ still remaining. Had it for a couple years, extended the maintenance and put 50k miles on it as a commuter. Loved it and kept the maintenance up. Oil changes annually or every 9k. Only traded mine in to upgrade to an x4 then an X5 after that. Enjoy. Looks like you got a steal of a deal.
Thanks Surgx5 for your post.

Btw, I've just noticed the car does not come with LED headlights. I am wondering if I can ask BMW to retrofit them instead of doing it myself (probably would void any extended warranty?). What is the difference between the OEM and LED apart from the obvious energy efficiency? I am not sure this car would have auto cornering option included if not standard as I've read the LED headlight come with auto cornering on some models.

One other thing the dealer has offered ceramic coat paint protection as part of the valeting process. Apparently it helps with traffic dirt & grime, extremes of temperature, plant and tree sap, atmospheric pollutants and ultraviolet exposure. The said they would do it for £495 first time. It would have to be done every after 5 years. Anyone has any experience with that?

Last but not least I noticed the car does not have AUTO option on the dipped beam. I suspect this could be on the 0 option as found on the other posts but could not verify it during test drive. Would you know if this would the case and dipped beam would be auto switched on after sunset? I understand that AUTO full beam is out of question here.

Mine is number 1 on the diagram below:
Attached Images

Last edited by Fandyman83; 12-04-2022 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 0