12-04-2022, 12:35 AM   #14
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandyman83 View Post
Hi hitmankvt,

Thanks for your points - it is very helpful!

I have actually managed to test drive the X1 today and was pleasantly surprised hence paid 1k towards the entire cost.

The replies to your questions below:

1. Yes.
2. Not sure and I will enquire about that for sure - Thanks!
3. Yes I am mindful and suspect it a tradeoff if I want to keep the future resale value higher? Let me know your thoughts? Any good indy garages that are BMW compliant and competitively priced?
4. Thanks again and I will definitely be investigating that tomorrow!

As for the dealer I was a bit surprised I could not see the Logbook (V5) on the spot and was told they will apply for new one. They also said everything is kept electronically now and all is in order in that respect.

Still I would like to view that too before I make the balancing payment next week.

I guess the likelihood of a car from BMW official dealership having any sort of issue with such a basic thing like missing logbook (hiding number of previous/current owners, indicating car stolen, written off or logbook loan) is very slim right? Asking as HPI check given by dealer does not show anything was checked on V5 Check.

Last but not least should I be getting the original paper version of service book with receipts or is everything now accessible and thus acceptable online?

Let me know your thoughts.
I would not be concerned about the logbook. I have just been involved in a used Audi for grand daughter it had a new logbook issued during the time we were discussing the car with garage , it had been on a private plate before.

I would try and retain the full dealer service as BMW can be very helpful regarding out of warranty claims with it. I dont actually see the BMW being any dearer than Audi or Mercs when factoring in the different service intervals

Regarding Service Packs these need to be very carefully looked at. The service pack ( car bought used 2100 miles old with package on from new in July 2018 as BMW were not supplying that engine at that time ) with our X1 was 4 years or 60,000 miles but the 4 years came up with the car still 6,000 short of its next service. You need to look carefully at the miles/age limits and the option of normal services or a dearer package including brakes.

The packages available from BMW vary from country to country as do the service needs. A more accurate opinion on the UK situation can be found over on BMWLand.org.me

Last edited by Abh29; 12-04-2022 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: adding info
Appreciate 0