BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr0lhead View Post
Let's take a look back at what we had 15 years ago in the year of 2000:

What cars did BMW make for the driving ethusiast?
There was the just introduced E46 M3, the E39 M5 and the Z3M. Maybe the 330i... And that was it!

SO, there're currently enough models in the lineup that I still lust and look after and in my opinion, those vehicles are very much build for the driving enthusiasts:

--> M3/M4/M5/M6/M135i/M235i/Z4/maybe M550Xd
--> and soon, even more models: M2/M4 CSL/M340i/Z?...

I don't care if BMW is making cars like the GT's or FWD 2er Active Tourer as long as they continue to build proper M-cars/sportcars.
And I think the upcoming lineup of M-cars is going to be the best one they've ever had so far. There is going to be a car for every type of driving enthusiast.

Seriously, BMW has never made more different types of cars for the enthusiastic driver! And all of those are great modern driving machines in their own ways.

I think we shouldn't complain that much...
Not for the BMW fan that wants bragging right in a supercar. BMW i8 is the bragging car for the Toyota Prius owner. Makes no sense M5 is faster than i8. There is also nothing for the one that wants a light-weight sports car with (questionable) premium materials, something like Z2 Coupé that can compete with GT86 and 4C. M2 is far from being really light.
Appreciate 0