Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie View Post
Just wanted to share and would be great to hear some advices. Anyways, I have chipped my car with AA for almost a year. The car was running great for about six months. Then when summer came around, everytime I go over 60mph "Engine Malfunction" pops up all the time. Thus I haven't been able to go fast.

Just a week ago I took the chip off and it's still doing the same thing. I brought my car to the dealer today and after half a day the guy called me back to let me know that my car's warranty has been voided and that they couldn't and wouldn't do anything to my car for liable reasons. I told the guy I would pay for them to fix it, but he gave me the same answer.

So... I think I'm screwed. Anyone with the same problem or could tell me what to do or where to bring the car??

Thank you for reading
Warranty issues aside, if you are willing to pay for repair why go to an independent BMW specialty shop? Use BIMRS.org to find a "good" one in your area. They should have the diagnostic equipment necessary to accurately read the engine codes. These diagnostic machines are very expensive so the mechanic should be proud to show you his when you ask.
330xi Sparkling Graphite | Terra with Burl Walnut | ZPP | ZSP with Style 162 | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | PDC | Navigation | Satellite Radio | OEM Alarm | De-badged | OEM Strut Brace | Blacklines | Rear Fogs | Silver Front Indicator Bulbs

Ordered: 4.3.2006
Scheduled for Production: 4.7.2006
Awaiting Transport: 4.13.2006
En Route: 4.19.2006
At Preparation Center: 5.11.2006
Performance Center Delivery: 06.01.2006

Appreciate 0