View Single Post
      07-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82FTW View Post
Anyone tried this yet? I want to do 295/30-19 in the back and 275/35-19 up front on STOCK wheels...is this far fetched?
IMO, this is too wide for proper fitment on the stock widths

it will work, but it wont be stretched as much and this will cause slop in the handling and steering feel. the positive is that ad08r are much stiffer in the sidewall than PSS, which will counteract some of the softness from running a less stretched setup.

BMWs are designed with stretched tires compared to a lot of other manufactuers. this results in the tire getting a lot of support from the wheel and really sharpens up steering response. for example, an rs5 runs 275s but on a 9 inch wheel!

I am a big believer in semi stretched (not hella flush, but the max wheel width that can work with a given tire size) for the steering feel, sidewall support and subsequent handling improvements.

IMO, if I were to run ad08r, which I will when the PSS die if RE11 are not introduced in OEM sizes, I would run them in OEM sizes. That's a lot of tire.

If you want to go 275/295, IMO you need at least 9.5/10.5 width wheels.

And I still am not in love with running a 275 on a 9.5 inch wheel but you can do it.

FWIW
Appreciate 0