View Single Post
      03-24-2020, 09:22 PM   #220
connerry330i
Private
Rep
Drives: 23' 330i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Haha I love your comment about getting dirty looks. I actually have never had the pleasure of testing an N55 equipped X1.. those are so rare. The 17 340i I thought was really a nice car as well, I just like the higher up sitting on the X2 now that I have a bum back. The lag is only present when you're slowing down for a turn, then deciding that you can get back on it and it's just.. not there and then suddenly it's ape crazy. The regular X1 and X2 all behave the same except the engine/torque curve is really not so much that you notice it like a switch that got flipped too late. I still love to drive the X2 so much because it really is so much fun in it's stock state!
You know what? I miss the hell out of that X1. I had a Dinan tune on it and a ton of coding including the Alpina flash and it was hilariously fun to drive...real sleeper. The X2 feels a lot like that car did in its modified state, especially since I'm going with the 20's/no-adaptive suspension.

I'll miss the power from the 340 but not the handling. It has the track package, Pilot Sports AND Dinan Shockware and it still makes me nervous, however power was never that car's problem so I never tuned the engine. Hoping someone drops a tune for the X2 soon, because I think it could be really special with more power in the mid and top end. Otherwise it seems like a really fun car.

Ha yeah on both my test drives some M3/M4 driving numbnuts have tried to test me on the freeway...1) it's a test drive, idiot; 2) I know it ain't a full on M, it's a new age 2002tii with a CSL tribute in the C pillar. Relax, bro...we're good here.
Appreciate 0