02-15-2020, 05:50 AM   #2
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLegin View Post
We are in Switzerland having driven down through some atrocious weather. Whilst the car still has failed to note the new 80kph limit on ordinary roads in France, it can distinguish the change of compulsory speed limits on motorways. Normally the French motorway limit is 130 kph. When raining, it’s a 110 kph. We noticed that when the rain started, the HUD changed the limit from 130kph to 110 kph. When the rain stopped, after about 2 minutes the HUD reverted to 130kph. And it did not appear linked to the use of the wipers.
The X1 Drivers Guide (on my iPad) states, re Speed Limit info:
'The camera in the area of the interior rear-view mirror detects traffic signs at the edge of roads as well as variable overhead signs. Traffic signs with additional symbols, for example wet conditions, are also detected, compared with internal vehicle data, and displayed depending on the situation.
If a navigation system is installed, the system considers the information saved in the navigation data and also displays the speed limits present on unmarked sections of road.'

Your average fuel consumption looks very good too. I may look at going up from the 1.5 Litre 3 cylinder engine to the 2.0 Litre version, simply to reduce any engine stress if I look to keep a replacement for a longer period of time than my 'normal' 3 years. On a run, I can easily achieve upper 40s (UK galls) mpg and my overall consumption for all types of driving/conditions over 22k miles is exactly 40.00 mpg.
Appreciate 0