View Single Post
      02-05-2020, 02:08 PM   #204
King_Leonard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
Finally test drove an M35i today... considering it as a replacement for my 20si X2.

I thought the throttle/turbo 'lag' on my 2.0si was bad, till I drove the m35i. It's outrageously bad, maybe a full second or so before any real forward movement.
Slightly better in 'sport' mode, but not much. I was driving with the dealership 'Genius' who admitted this lag, though he said it's not turbo lag, but the transmission/throttle. Thinks it might be to protect the gearbox from getting high torque levels straight away?

Anyway...also found the ride very, very bumpy

It was fast when accelerating at speed though...and the exhaust sounded good!

Not sure it is the long term car for me though in the long term and as a daily driver, esp on our Australian roads. I need comfort plus performance....

By, the way, I can't remember if the BMS pedal tuner really did help m35i owners reduce the initial acceleration delay? I still have mine that I took out of the old X2 before it got taken away (after the hail storm damage)
There should be zero lag (throttle or otherwise) when in sport mode. I measured it the other day and actually got negative values.

The bumpy ride can be mitigated with 18" wheels.

I smell major league bullshit with regards to the 'need for throttle lag'.

Otherwise, don't know what else to say but good luck on finding your next car.
Appreciate 0