View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 01:01 PM   #29
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Nothing exciting for my next vehicle. I need a workhorse for the cabin. Something big and 4x4. Probably gently used, though that's tough to find around here in the HD pickup market; most of them have had the fuck beat out of them plowing snow or towing. Probably a Ford. I have a 2002 Excursion that's really showing its age, and there's enough rot in the undercarriage that I don't know if I'll want to put any more money into it.

I like what I've read about the new 7.3l gas motor that Ford's introduced. Maybe I can hold out until those things start hitting the used market in a couple of years.

I'm looking at selling my GT, and possibly the GT40. I'd like to have something that's fun to drive and a great road trip car. Something that isn't a douchebag magnet and doesn't attract a lot of attention. There's nothing worse than interrupting a beautiful drive with a fuel stop, and having every buck-toothed fuck-tard in the county circling your ride and asking the same 5 stupid questions. That really wrecks a drive for me.

And yes, I'm aware that that's a rich white guy problem and I should pull my dress down off my head and get on with my life.
I got lucky last week. Bought a 2019 f250 with only 1k miles on it, was considered used but came with the full warranty. The PO financing didn't go through and had to return it. 29k out the door. Has the 6.2l and is 2wd, exactly the truck I needed to go with the other 4. Hard to find trucks for a good deal anymore. Honestly the F150s are plenty of trucks any more for homeowners, I also own 2 of those and they are pretty capable now.
Appreciate 0