01-28-2020, 07:12 AM   #30
Pic18
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 Comp, Spec E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot3Zero View Post
Thanks! We want to hit Petit LeMans if we can sometime soon. Seems like a great venue.

I have to say seeing how far the BMW drove into the corners so much deeper than the 911's and the Vettes was very noticeable at certain spots. It wasn't every time, but it was most of the time. It was very apparent at two main spots on the track; IMSA turn 1 after coming off NASCAR 3 and 4 and the front-stretch into the infield and at IMSA turn 8 going into the bus stop after coming out of NASCAR 1 and 2 and down part of the back-stretch. The M8 just went into those turns so much deeper consistently throughout the race. Just my non-professional, non-technical observation...
From my observation Turn 1 and Turn 8 is the only location that the M8 didn’t necessarily lose time to the competition, but generally speaking both the Porsche and Corvette seemed better on the brakes. The Porsche had better drive off the corners except for out of the bus stop where the M8 really shone and carried that speed all the way to turn 1.
Appreciate 0